Connecting iPhone 6 to Wi-Fi and mobile networks is important since there are many features of the phone need an internet connection to operate. You can get more advantages by connecting your iPhone 6 to Wi-Fi and mobile networks. Maybe you have already connected to Wi-Fi when you set up your iPhone, but if you didn’t, or maybe you wish to change your Wi-Fi network, then you need to follow this guide of CONNECTING IPHONE 6 TO WI-FI AND MOBILE NETWORKS.
Connecting iPhone 6 to a Wi-Fi network
Before connecting your iPhone 6 to a Wi-Fi network, you need to find out the security key for the network. You may find it on the back or base of your router, and it might be referred to as a WEP key, WPA key or wireless passphrase. You can contact your internet provider if you are unsure what it is. After you are ready with this, you’re ready to the following steps:
- Tap on the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Tap on Wi-Fi menu in the main Settings menu.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi switch is set to on (green). When it is on, your iPhone 6 will scan and display all available networks. Select your network’s name from the available list by tapping on it.
- When prompted, enter the wireless password. Make sure you entered the password correctly before you tap Join to continue.
- After you are successfully connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll see a blue tick by network’s name, and a Wi-Fi symbol will appear next to your mobile network’s name in the top line of the display. Your iPhone will connect automatically when the Wi-Fi is turned on and your iPhone is in range of this network.
Connecting iPhone 6 to mobile data
You might have bought your iPhone 6 on a contract that allows you to use the internet when you are away from any Wi-Fi network because you have a monthly data allowance included with the contract. Usually this set up automatically when the first time you turned your iPhone 6 on, so should be able to connect anywhere as long as there’s a strong enough mobile signal. If this isn’t the case, you can follow the guideline below to help you connect your iPhone 6 to mobile network:
- Tap on the Setting icon from the home screen.
- Tap on Cellular (depending on your network, it may appear as Mobile instead of Cellular) in the main Setting menu.
- Make sure Cellular Data has been turned on, as well as Enable 3G/4G.
- If this hasn’t worked, you may need to enter settings manually for your particular network operator. Scroll down to Cellular Data network to enter these settings and tap on it to find your current APN (Access Point Names).
It is better for you to use mobile internet (sometimes referred to as 3G/4G) for emails and general web browsing. If you love watching videos or listening online music, you could use your data allowance very quickly and end up getting charged extra sums on top of your monthly bill. You can check your data allowance with your network provider. That is the end of all steps of CONNECTING IPHONE 6 TO WI-FI AND MOBILE NETWORKS. The availability of these services may be different in certain country. When you are not able to get access to any network, there are some apps in your iPhone won’t work as it should be.
Fix iOS 8 Wifi Connectivity Issues
Are you having problems after upgrading to iOS 8.0.2 and want to know How to Fix iOS 8 Wifi Connectivity Problems iOS 8 on iPhone 6? Please follow this guide to solve it.